Hillside Schools Association (PTA)
The Hillside Schools Association(PTA) is a registered charity (Charity No.1006210) and fundraising community. We strive to enrich every child's learning journey by providing equipment, facilities and experiences in support of our school's values and curriculum.
The charity is run by a group of committed parents and staff volunteers and is operationally and independent from the school itself.
Each year we help to raise money which is spent on all sorts of things to benefit our children for example Computing resources to enhance learning, playground improvements and reading books.
We aim to provide entertainment and fun for our supporters in everything we do. This is achieved using a wide variety of fundraising avenues for the school and local community to enjoy, such as:
- Social events e.g. family fun days, indulgence evenings, quiz evenings, cake sales
- Raffles e.g. Easter chocolate tombola, themed hamper raffles, annual big-ticket raffle
- Children’s events e.g. discos, Santa visits, surprise rooms, own clothes days, mufti days
- Fundraising and sponsorship challenges e.g. readathon, fun runs
- Affiliate schemes e.g. Amazon Smile
- Sponsorship and matched funding of specific events/activities
- Grants and funding schemes
Regular/recent examples of projects and activities the charity has been able to fund or subsidise include:
- Playground redesign and new equipment
- IT equipment
- Library, reading and classroom resources
We look to the school to inform us of the support and funds they require and will allocate funds based on what best meets the charity’s aims and objectives. We are always open to suggestions from staff, governors, children, parents and the wider community.
Keeping Up to Date
Regular newsletters and information on activities are also send out to parents via email, WhatsApp groups and in book bags.
Can you help?
Everyone in our community can help in different ways.
- As a parent, please attend our events when you can and encourage your children to take part in our fundraising initiatives
- Do you work for a company that could offer matched funding, sponsorship or raffle prizes, a regular/one-time donation or help to promote our events locally?
- Are you a keen baker, gardener or craft maker extraordinaire? If you have a skill, whatever it may be, perhaps you’d like a stall at one of our fun days, could offer some of your time/experience or donate items for raffle/sale
- Are you looking for a charity to support and do your own fundraising for? Perhaps you’d like to do a skydive for us, enter a game show or do a sponsored walk, run or swim?
- Join the team! A very friendly bunch, the PTA is always looking to add to its growing team of volunteers who offer the time that their lives and commitments allow. We always appreciate every offer of help, no matter how small and there are many different roles and activities to get involved in. The golden rule is that you only do what you can! If you’d like to know more, send us an email or contact the school office.
Getting in touch
To contact us you can:
- Email us at email@example.com
- Pass on a message via the school office
- Talk to any of us in person in the playground before and after school
We are always pleased to see new faces and welcome new members to our PTA. We understand that many of you would like to help out from time to time but can’t commit to attending regular meetings. We always appreciate every offer of help, no matter how small. The more help we have the more events we can run for your children and the more money we can raise to help support them in school!
Donations for our school fair
Thank you to Days out who donated a £50 voucher for our school raffle.
Eurostar who donated 2 tickets to Brussells, Paris or Lille.
Delta Force Paintball who donated paintball for up to 10 people